- Forest and Bird Society Conservation Award (Highest Achievement in Conservation Study and Research)
- New Zealand Certificate in Adult Literacy & Numeracy Education (Vocational/Workplace) (Level 5)
- New Zealand Certificate in Adult and Tertiary Teaching (Level 5)
- Diploma in Accounting (Montevideo University)
- Diploma in Technology Science (Wintec)
- Bachelor of Technology Environmental, Endorsement (Wintec)
- Master of Environmental Management (Massey)
Areas of expertise
Industry experience, affiliations, and achievements
- Mammalian predators’ movement in urban areas
- Extraction and purification of biological molecules from red blood cell mass
- Residential Solar Harnessing Potential in New Zealand
- Stream health research at conventional and organic dairy farms in the Waikato Region
- Assessing the effectiveness of a novel approach to measure a large roosting congregation in a wetland ecosystem
- Unpicking the hidden toxicity in activewear
- Assessing detrimental ecological effects caused by a large exotic roost at Rotopiko
- Innes, J. Fitzgerald, N. and Sandoval, N. (2017). Rat and possum movement in a Hamilton gully. Manaaki Whenua Landcare Research, Kararehe Kino Vertebrate pest research, Issue 30 December 2017. Hamilton, New Zealand.
- Sandoval, N., Denyer, K., Dowling, S., Barot, D., & Nathan, F. (2022). Testing the effectiveness of a novel approach to measure a large roosting congregation in a wetland ecosystem. New Zealand Journal of Ecology, 47 (1), 1-21. doi: //dx.doi.org/10.20417/nzjecol.47
What do you enjoy about teaching/your job?
I enjoy getting to know ākonga and helping them achieve educational development through their learning path at Wintec | Te Pūkenga.